Requirements to become a Pack Project Foster are:
- Your loving and caring home environment
- Ability to provide continuous and daily support to your Foster pup including:
- Nutritious meals (food supplied by The Pack Project)
- Fresh, clean, available water supply (dishes supplied by The Pack Project)
- Safe and adequate shelter (crates/kennels supplied by The Pack Project)
- Grooming, i.e.: brushing and bathing (shampoo and conditioners supplied)
- Transportation to Vet appointments and Adoption events (assistance with this may be available, just ask your Foster Coordinator)
- Love, affection, exercise, snuggles, socialization and, humane treatment (you and your family!)
Fostering is the perfect way to care for an animal while the Rescue organization carries the financial obligations associated with pet care such as vetting, food and, supplies. If cost has been a deciding factor for you, please know that fosters are in no way responsible to provide any of the day to day costs of sharing your home with a rescue animal.
Sometimes potential fosters are concerned about being sad when their rescue pup finds their forever home and, of course there will be a period of sadness when an adoption occurs, that's to be expected. However, the thought that your home and heart made an adoption possible should really be able to balance that potential sadness off, we hope! Consider this, there are many, many strays, homeless, owner surrender animals that would not otherwise find their way into rescue and in turn be adopted by a forever family if it were not for a dedicated and loving Pack of foster families.
And truly, many fosters fall so hard for their four legged charges that they cannot picture their lives without them. This, in the rescue biz, is what is lovingly called "Foster Fail"! Everyone in rescue loves to see a post on Social Media proclaiming of a foster fail, it's really heartwarming to see a family fall so much in love with their foster that they have to make them part of their family.
Interested applicants will be be guided through the application process by our dedicated team of Foster Coordinators. All of your questions and/or concerns will be answered by individuals who have been participating in rescue for many years. When you Foster for the Pack you will be surrounded by a loving and supportive group of volunteers, we would love to add you to our Foster Home roster.
Please contact us with questions or to fill out an application form to become a Foster Angel.