surrendering your pet
We understand how difficult it is to give up the family pet. Every day wonderful animals are surrendered – victims of a broken bond between a human and his or her companion dog.
Problems that have shattered the bond between human and animal include:
- the animal was obtained without a firm understanding or acceptance of the commitment the relationship required
- the animal has a behaviour problem that the owner is unwilling or unable to resolve
- the owner is moving and is unable to find suitable housing that allows pets
- the animal has a medical problem that the owner is unwilling or unable to resolve
- the owner has a change in family circumstances
All of these problems lead pet owners to give up their beloved animals every day. But all of these problems can be addressed – and many of them solved – with the right interventions.
Trainers, Behavioral Consultants & Doggie Daycares in Regina, Saskatchewan:
- VIP Pet Care: http://vippetcare.ca/
- Dog’s Den Training School: www.dogsden.ca
- DogLogic Behavioral Rehabilitation: www.doglogicregina.com
- Happy Tails Dog Enrichment Centre: https://happytailsregina.wordpress.com/training/
- The Hydeout Dog Training Center: www.hydeoutdogtraining.com
- Encore Dog Sports: www.encoredogsports.ca
- KAOS Dog Sports: www.kaosdogsports.ca
- The Balanced Pack Dog Training & Daycare: www.thebalancedpack.ca
And many more….
The process people go through to decide to surrender their pet is long and difficult. We would like to ensure this process is the right one for you and your pet. The Regina Humane Society has resources available to anyone in the community with questions about animal behavior. Simply give them a call at 543-6363. They’ll do their best to help you improve your relationship with your pet with some positive, knowledgeable information and advice.
Or contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations of goods (by appointment only):
2750 Sandra Schmirler Way
1150 Bayda Cres
Regina, SK S4N 6Y8